Vice President of Human Resources
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia, Inc. (GIMG) seeks an experienced, strategic
leader to provide vision and direction to the human resource function for a growing
$45 million charity that operates a career college (www.helms.edu) and numerous
applied learning social enterprises (www.edgarshospitality.com). As a member of the
Goodwill Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR)
will develop and execute human resource and organizational development strategy
which will align people development with the business goals of Goodwill Industries of
Middle Georgia, Inc. (GIMG) in support of the overall business plan and strategic
direction of GIMG. (www.goodwillworks.org/2020).
• Advanced degree in business, human resource management or organizational
development with SPHR or SHRM-SCP professional designation.
• Thorough knowledge of all components of human resources discipline.
• Experience in organizational development and proven success in developing and
implementing change and/or transformation initiatives.
• Ten or more years of progressively responsible leadership experience.
• Experience with organizational development as relating to mergers and
• Proven success in developing and implementing employee development and
succession planning programs at all levels of the organization.
• Experience in organizational design and redesign to enable the achievement of
• Proven success in building and supporting a vibrant workplace culture.
• Keen business acumen, excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Energized by Dr. Helm’s faith-based vision to eliminate poverty and create new
economic energy through middle-skills education and career development
• Humility and sense of humor.
The Mission of Goodwill Industries
Goodwill Industries has been helping people experience “abundant living” since its
founding in 1902 by the Rev. Edgar J. Helms. Today, Goodwill Industries is a $6
billion plus federation of 170 autonomous members world-wide. In 1996, Goodwill
Industries of Middle Georgia, Inc., expanded its territory into Augusta, Georgia and
Aiken, South Carolina, increasing the number of service counties to 35 to become
Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the Central Savannah River Area. Goodwill
Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA has been recognized with numerous
international awards and is one of the fastest growing and innovative Goodwill
organizations in the world.
Augusta and Macon, Georgia
The Vice President of Human Resources will have responsibility for people operations
GIMG’s entire territory. Regional administrative offices are located in Augusta and
Nestled on the banks of the mighty Savannah River, Augusta, also known as Augusta/Richmond County is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm, and activities for all ages. Known worldwide for the Masters® golf tournament, Augusta offers some of Georgia’s best golfing, fishing and boating. Located 75 miles south of Atlanta, Macon offers large-city amenities and true Southern hospitality as the birthplace of Southern rock. Both cities offer an exceptional quality of life, including outstanding medical facilities and public and private colleges and universities.
Anticipated start date is Fall 2019
You may apply for this position with the submission of a cover letter and resume to:
Vice President of Human Resources email@example.com