MSC Industrial Supply is seeking a Learning Specialist for our Mableton, GA Customer Fulfillment Center (Warehouse). Building a better career with MSC starts with serving customer and community with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The CFC, Learning Specialist is responsible for identification, development, facilitation, evaluation, and coordination of CFC programs/initiatives. The positions will interact with all levels throughout the CFC.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, implements, and facilitates training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e. Supervisory Leadership Development Program and Work Team Coach Development Program).
- Leverage coaching skills to support the integration of Coach-Like Conversations between leaders and associates.
- Facilitate and create transfer and sustainability and performance support solutions to support Coach-Like Conversations and various learning solutions.
- Create, facilitate, and improve the new associate orientation as well as a robust onboarding process that supports the transition of new associates within the CFC.
- Learn & apply Prosci Change Management methodology in supporting projects & initiatives in the respective facility.
- Analyzes productivity and quality reports to evaluate learning effectiveness and return on investment (ROI) to the facility.
- Works with CFC leadership & L&OD to conduct a comprehensive needs analysis and performance consulting methodology to identify learning & performance-based solutions.
- Manage the execution of all compliance courses as mandated by the organization and legal requirements.
- Maintains records with the management of MyLearning (LMS) in alignment with tracking all required and compliance-based training.
- Drives best practices standardization learning solutions across the respective facility in alignment with CFC Network performance and development goals.
- Facilitates learning sessions to Associates ensuring transference of skills and knowledge by utilizing adult learning methods to support the respective facility.
- Partners and supports peers at other facilities and shares best practices as necessary for CFC network wide improvements.
- Answers questions and provides assistance in order to help associates in meeting their daily productivity, accuracy & safety goals.
- Partners with subject matter experts to drive innovative learning solutions which impact business metrics and organizational effectiveness.
- Understands workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive business by reacting quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts.
- Participates in identifying enhancements and changes to the AS400.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment.
- Drives the MSC culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Keep abreast of current trends and best practices within the learning and development industry to continually bring in fresh ideas and approaches.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of three to five years customer service, inside sales, distribution training and/or facilitation are required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of team and management is required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation, facilitation skills are required.
- Knowledge & proficiency of instructional design methodologies is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of order management systems and processes are required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally is required.
- Knowledge of AS400 system preferred
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% of the time are required.
- Provide support to CFC satellite locations is required based on business needs.