Georgia Employers’ Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 15, 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and website activity during your visit to our website.
What we do with the information we gather
We do seek to collect information about people who are interested in our services. Our objective is to understand your interests and needs and services that are relevant and valuable. Here are some of the ways that we utilize information:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share your information with collaborative business associates – partners, licensors, contracted associates.
- We will never sell your information.
- Third parties may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. Advertising you receive from us is exclusively from Georgia Employers’ Association.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We currently use this information for statistical analysis purposes, but may use similar data for marketing purposes in the future.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Double opt-in and Opt out
We make every attempt to obtain solid confirmation of email authorization by sending a confirmation email after registration. This Double Opt-in process assures that we are sending information only to those who desire it. Similarly, we provide an Opt-Out option with every subscription email.
We may send occasional direct emails to respondents who have provided an email address but have not indicated a subscription preference. We may also send subscription emails to respondents who have indicated their desire to receive information, but who have not completed the Double Opt-In process.
Please contact our Director via email at email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy or if you would like to make changes to your contact information or status.